Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spattered paint on brick - how to remove

I am new to this site but hope it will be my "one stop shop" for house repairs. This problem has probably been addressed at one point in time in another thread but I haven't located it.

I had obviously inept home improvement people prep and repaint the underside of my carport. They used a spray painter on a windy day without putting any plastic against the brick of the house. Now there is a fine white spray of exterior flat latex paint on the red brick. They also did not put a drop cloth on the concrete so there are drips of paint on the concrete floor.

Before I approach them with this complaint, I'd like to know what can and should be done to remove the spray from the bricks and the drops from the concrete. Can you suggest/recommend products and procedures appropriate for solving this mess?

Thank you in advance. Janet
    Last edited by jkb; 06-09-2007, 04:08 PM. Reason: Request not clear

how bad is the overspray? I would think a pressure washer could do the job. as far as the paint on the deck, maybe spray washing might do it or scrape off what you can and then pressure wash it.

Comment

I am new to this forum, first post. I had a problem with paint dribbles and splashes on my serrated red brick house. Paint remover wouldn't get it off and power washer wouldn't either. Finally I took a sample of the brick to the paint store and had them match the color. I carefully painted the brick and did not get any paint on the morter. It took some time but it looks great.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =