Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonding yourself to the chassis as you described is a good way to eliminate static discharge. Did your new MB come equipped with memory and a processor? If not, is your old memory & processor compatible? If everything boots up, you will probably have to re-register your existing software because it sees a different configuration.

Comment

First, Adnadeau, thank you for your help on this. Now....since I'm only somewhat familiar with this, I have to look stuff up. I checked EBay for what a processor and a memory looked like. I found the processor is a squarish aluminum looking item with many plugs on the underside. I see the memory is a card type item that slips into a slot. I verified the old board that's still in the cabinet with the new one still in the package and it all looks the same. I cautiously removed the processor and found the board beneath to be identical to the new. I'm starting to feel a bit more confident now. This registration business might be a situation. But I will delve into that and see where it goes. I'm learning stuff in my old age and appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =