Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Java...

I'm trying to get into Pogo Bowl and need Java to play. Can NOT get Java to exist on my computer. There's nothing in the add/remove section that starts with J or j. I have downloaded Java several times to the desk top. I have opened it and clicked 'run'. Am running Mozilla on a Dell PC with WXP Home Edition. THis is very frustrating. The advice I get from the Pogo support people is to clear the Java cache. There IS no Java cache on this computer. I did a file search in the 'c' drive for anything with Java and nothing shows up. Any suggestions?

look into :c: program files. java is generated via sun micro systems

Comment

Windows XP does not come with Java pre-loaded. Go to www.java.com/getjavato down-load and install it.

Comment

Java dowload...

That's exactly the problem, adnadeau, I can't get java to load. And HayZee, there's just no finding any files with Java in their title or in the bodyof any file in 'c'. And yet, I can 'download' it from the Java site, open it, and click run but there's just never any evidence of it existing on this computer. Except, of coarse, on the desk top still in the manner of being lownloaded. This is very frustrating.

Comment

I have a section on my machine under the C drive that I call downloads. when I download files they all go here. I never save to my desktop. if you go to start, accessories, look for the windows explorer file. create a shortcut and move the shortcut to your desktop. now when you need to see what's in your computer click on the windows explorer icon on your desktop and your directory will come up. choose my computer, then c drive. look in program files. there's a sub directory that lists all running programs in C. look for java. should look like jre6 followed by dat and bin. dat is data, bin is the binary file that runs java. In mozilla firefox under options, there is a section of where to direct all your downloads. just put the path to be C:\downloads. I hope you created a section under C - downloads otherwise you won't be able to find your downloads area.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =