Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall....

This is getting out of hand. Now my son's PC got so infected reloading software was the only fix. He will run FireFox when it's back up, but he also wants to know what is a good recommended firewall, anti spam...anti-everything safety to run. Any suggestions?

I use exclusively on three laptops and a stand alone PC ......McAfee Total Protection, it's easy to use, friendly for making changes, and plenty of warning settings.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Firewalls...

That is what I suggested, Pushkins. Not exactly, but I did lean towards McAffee...

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
        That is what I suggested, Pushkins. Not exactly, but I did lean towards McAffee...
        but mcaffee is not detect all malware

Comment

The software mentioned above is good if you have a powerful computer. If you computer is a single processor you might want to try some software that is not resource intensive like, Avast-free or Nod32-free, etc...

Comment

Avg and Ad-Aware are both reliable and useful

Comment

Your problem isn't a Firewall. You need to load good AV protection and monitor your children's PC activity if it's getting out of control. Another suggestion is to just get him an Apple Macbook which is hands down 100% more secure than any Windows O.S. Windows is the only O.S. plagued with viruses, trojans, and other malware. I strongly suggest you try something more secure or you will continuously have this problem with kids...trust me. Your home network will always be infected.

A good Firewall if you're looking for one...

Endian
              IPCop
              Smoothwall
              Untangle

All of them being free but require dedicated hardware so break out those old Pentium 3 vanilla boxes and start sniffing packets.

Comment

Your modem or router should already have firewalls.

Antivirus - Avira
                antimalware - malware bytes

Comment

Working...
                X
                =