Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to clog a hole full of water if possible

i was digging a hole for my new bathroom and we had a huge rainstorm. my basement is now flooded and i was wondering if anyone could help me with how to fill the hole even though water is still comming in, is it possible i have a sub pump going now for 2days and its not helping could u please help me asap thanks

Rich,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of the water problems. I think the only thing you can do is keep running the sump pump until the water stops coming in and then you can deal with sealing it.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

You didn't say how large this hole is, but it can be filled with hydrolic cement. It usually comes in pint, quart and gallon size boxes. Most home repair places will have it. Mix up a large ball by hand and jam it in the hole, it will set even if the water is still flowing. It's made for this kind of a problem, and will actually expand while it sets. Check the label for the working time, it usually begins to set quickly after its mixed.

leone184
      leone184

Comment

It would definitely depend upon the size of the hole, but in the past when confronted with a similar situation for a hole about 20 inches in diameter, i used a bicycle pump, basket ball and ball needle valve. First deflate the ball enough that you can jamb it into the hole, then pump it up till it stops the water flow.

Next, pump the basement andthe excess water out of the excavation outside. Once you have the water out, you can remove the ball, finish the task at hand and make a permanent seal.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =