Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all!

I am brand new to this site, and I love it! I have learned a lot in two days. Especially how to level all those uneven, rolling floors in my fixer upper.

Anyway, I bought a large house on a large corner lot in the nice small town that I grew up in. I got it for a steal and have gutted it out. I am in WAY over my head. I have been working on this just about every weekend for the last 6 months and at times it is overwhelming. It has sucked up my cash and most of my fre time, and unfortunately, I love it! I am looking forward to reading a lot of posts.

I am in my early 40's have two boys, ages 14 and 8 and am a social worker by profession. I would much rather spend my time with the house than the people I work with lately! but that's another story.

Now that the days are longer and warmer, SW Michigan is not so bad! Wish me happy rehabbing!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you have found it useful. I too have learned a lot here, I rarely see a question go unanswered. Let us know if you need anything, and keep coming back!

Try
    Try

Comment

Welcome!!!!

"I can do anything I put my mind to!" Robin Mathews
      \"I can do anything I put my mind to!\" Robin Mathews

Comment

Hi Diva and welcome aboard....If you can tolerate the stress of being a single parent mom and dealing with people as a social worker you should find rehabing a house to be a cinch.

While home remodeling can be rather hard physical work at times, for the most part it is rather simple if taken in logical order. Fortunately Troy has done a great job of rounding up a bunch of experienced Journeyman tradesman who will be more than willing to help you through each step of your project.

Just remember,,,the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

We shall all be looking forward to working through your project with you.

Lazypup

Comment

Working...
        X