Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SpectaclesRepairForum.com didn't work so...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpectaclesRepairForum.com didn't work so...

Hi Folks,

Any recommendations for the best glue to stick plastic when the join surface area is really small? I bust a leg off my glasses yesterday and I need to glue them back together. I tried gorilla glue yesterday but when I tested the leg just now the join broke apart very easily. As it happens that was lucky because I needed to remake the joint as the leg was a little squint.

Cheers, Max

Due to the minimum amount of glueing surface and the amount of physical stresses involved it is very highly unlikely that any glue will be able to correct the problem.

Comment

Go to an automotive supply house and purchase a tube of adhesive used to bond rear view mirrors to the windshield. Clean off both surface very thoroughly with any non residue cleaner - lacquer cleaner, alcohol etc - stay away from acetone it might dissolve the polycarbonate. Apply a drop to one surface and hold the pieces accurately together. Should be ok after a few minutes.

Comment

I'll give that a shot, thanks. I normally have two pairs but I lost one a couple of weeks ago. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
        X