Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod choices?

My mother asked me for a recommendation for an Ipod she wants to get someone as she knows absolutely nothing about them. The problem is, neither do I. I guess we're both still living in the stone age.

Can anyone help?
    Dan

I just did all my research and bought an ipod a couple months ago. How much music does she have....does she want to be able to store more than 1000 songs? Or less?

Comment

This is for a cousin that is in her 60's. I would guess that 1000 or less would be enough.

Thanks for the reply.
      Dan

Comment

Well there's a few different models that might work:

The iPod shuffle holds 1GB of music (equates to approx 500 songs). It's very small and designed to clip onto things (like a bag or your shirt). It does not have a display. ~$79.00.

iPod Nano can be purchased in 2GB (500 songs ~149.00), 4GB (1000 songs ~$189.00), (or 8GB, but that holds approx 2000 songs). It's very thin and small, though bigger than the shuffle. It also has a display and has more features than the shuffle.

There are more models, but they hold more music than she'd probably need.

I ended up purchasing an 8GB Nano. My deciding factor, aside from the capacity was the fact that it has a display. It will show the song list, what song is playing at any given time, and you can scroll through the songs and see the name of the song. Also shows things like the time.

I bought my Nano at Costco for somewhere between $180-$190 (cheaper than any of the other stores). I'd beware of the sales people at any of the other national electronics stores (ie Best Buy). I reccomend either buying them at Costco or online to avoid the salespeople.

I had gone to Best Buy and ran into a horrible salesman that wouldn't leave me alone. He told me because they didn't have a grey 8GB nano in stock, they didn't make them in that color (he had checked with 2 managers to confirm that too). Even after I told him they had them at Costco....he said I was mistaken. I left and drove the extra 10 miles to Costco to buy my grey 8GB

Comment

Thanks a lot
          Dan

Comment

i know this is outdated but i have an ipod video and love it, depends what you need it for, a nano would probably suit her well, not a shuffle though that just defeats the purpose!

Comment

wow . ipod ipod.. i love creative zen .
              but hey to each his own
              i like to put movies music and pics on there
              ipod not that great for that has to go into there format

bummer

Comment

"This is for a cousin that is in her 60's. I would guess that 1000 or less would be enough."

Meaning no disrespect, but i resent this comment. I am 60 years old and I currently have more than 350,000 songs in my music library.

Comment

Well, obviously, you and my cousin are two different people. I certainly wouldn't call what she has a library.

Portable music is just not that important to her. It was just something we thought she'd enjoy while sitting on the bus or something.
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =