Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra ridge vent

i just had the aluminum ridgevent replaced with this COBRA ridge vent material...it comes in a roll of stuff that looks like black scotch bright and they nailed it where the old ridge vent was.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this typr of ridge vent and what do you think about it?
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Vincent,

I've used it a couple times, it works great. Be sure to follow the instructions as to the width of the gap that is to be open at the ridge and the foldback/overlap on the ends. I was concerned about hard driving rains getting through it but have had no problems.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

thanks for the reply, does this system really breathe better that an aluminum ridge vent? i had my ridge vent replaced with this cobra. Now i see little drops of condensation form on the tips of the nails in the attic. what's up with that?
      [8D]
      quote:Originally posted by Jimmer

Vincent,

I've used it a couple times, it works great. Be sure to follow the instructions as to the width of the gap that is to be open at the ridge and the foldback/overlap on the ends. I was concerned about hard driving rains getting through it but have had no problems.

Good luck, Jim

It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =