Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Wooden Creaking Chairs

I have a set of old wooden chairs in my home, and they make loud creaking noises whenever any single part of them is moved. If one leans back into the chair or moves it over, the whole room is filled with sound. Is there a way to repair/fix the chairs' creaking noises, or do I thank them for their service and replace them.

How are the pieces put together? Is it with screws or nails or is it glue? I think if you could tighten the joints it might help, but that may not be possible. Might be time for a new set of chairs unfortunately....

Comment

If possible, take them apart. Clean (scrape chip away..) the glue around the stem piece and inside the hole, if possible. Mix up some epoxy glue. I'm a fan of the stuff from H. Freight. Put some in the hole and replace the stem piece. Wipe away excess epoxy. It WILL last forever! Judge how much epoxy squeezed out for correct amount on next hole. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by HelpfulHenderson View Post
        I have a set of old wooden chairs in my home, and they make loud creaking noises whenever any single part of them is moved. If one leans back into the Chiavari Chairs Wholesale or moves it over, the whole room is filled with sound. Is there a way to repair/fix the chairs' creaking noises, or do I thank them for their service and replace them.
        Yes, there are ways to repair the creaking noises in your old wooden chairs. You can try tightening screws and joints, applying lubrication, repairing or replacing damaged parts, and reinforcing weak spots. If these methods don't work or if the chairs are extensively damaged, then replacing them might be the best option.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =