Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven preheat temperature

Dan i have a question, the average electric range with the oven set at 350 and it reaches pre heat temp. what should the temp range be as the oven continues to operate ? the one in question, set at 350 runs from 350 to 400 stops and returns to 350 should the temp get to 400 when its set for 350 ?

thanks Dan

I separated your message into a new thread to keep messages threads on just a single topic.

Electric ovens usually have a wider temperature differential than gas ovens do. +/- 20 deg. F would not be out of question. Eg. When set to 350, the temp could rise to 370 and then drop to 330 before starting to heat again. I wouldn't expect a gas oven to be more than +/- 10 deg F.

Measuring the differential should be done after the oven has reached full temperature and the control has cycled at least twice on its own. I don't know how hot it would get right after the initial preheat but I think 400 would be too hot when only set to 350 but as long as the oven cycling temperature is within specs, I wouldn't worry about the temperature only after preheat.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan , i found that im able to adjust the temp so ill try that before changing the sensor

thanks
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X
      =