Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid Dishwasher won't drain completlyafter full wash cycle - Kud102frsso

It is model number Kud102frsso - I have seen the other postings re: a check valve and another referencing a resevoir with junk in it. Could my problem be one or both of these?

Thank in advance.

TC

I have seen the other postings re: a check valve and another referencing a resevoir with junk in it. Could my problem be one or both of these?
    Either might cause poor draining, yes, as could a problem in the drain plumbing anywhere between the dishwasher and house plumbing. (The check valve on your model is inside the pump and not external like older K/A dishwashers, which might have been discussed.)

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Found out the drain line is not clogged...

Found out the drain line is not clogged. I syphoned the water out by disconnecting the drain line at the bottom left. It runs a full cycle but leaves 4" or so of water but there are gaps in the cycle for several minutes with no machine noise and no "gurgling" in the kitchen sink we are used to hearing. I am guessing that is the pumpout cycle but nothing is pumping out. It sounds as if i need a drain pump.

Comment

there are gaps in the cycle for several minutes with no machine noise and no "gurgling" in the kitchen sink we are used to hearing.
        There may be several points in a wash cycle where the machine will not be washing or draining. It is not necessarily a sign of a failure. The only time the drain pump might be necessary is if it WAS getting power but NOT running and even then, it might just be jammed up.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDI02FRSS0 Drain Pump

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =