Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge not cooling enough - HELP!

Hello,

I recently purchased a fridge off craiglist... (thinking a bad mistake now..)

Fridge is 3 years old, model FGUS262LF0, side by side. Plugged in and fridge runs warm, anywhere from 39-45. Freezer is fine, staying below 5.

On the outside digital panel it shows the temp as 33 degrees however it is NOT accurate (why does it not display the right temp?!). It feels much warmer inside the fridge, and my thermometer inside runs anywhere from 39-45.

Picture of the evaporator coils.... they are not all frosted over.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 01, 5 06 37 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	87801
    Also the compressor feels warm to the touch, after say 5 secs it would be uncomfortable to hold my hand there.

Any advice please? I was thinking the main board but not sure...

Model number incorrect

[Frigidaire] fridge model FGUS262LF0
    That model number is missing a digit FGUS26__2LF0. Please double check it.

digital panel it shows the temp as 33 degrees however it is NOT accurate. why does it not display the right temp?!
    If the displayed temperature is definitely incorrect, either the compartment temperature sensor or the electronic control is defective.

LINK > FGUS2642LF0 Temperature Sensor

LINK > Housing, Temperature Sensor

LINK > FGUS2642LF0 Electronic Control

[the evaporator coils] are not all frosted over
    That would usually point to a problem with the refrigeration system or most likely with your particular symptom, the compressor itself.

Also the compressor feels warm to the touch, after say 5 secs it would be uncomfortable to hold my hand there.
    Compressors can run warm but shouldn't be hot. If someone installed an aftermarket starting relay on the compressor in place of the original (it should look like the below) or the compressor capacitor was defective or missing, that could account for it. Otherwise the compressor may be defective and need to be replaced.

LINK > FGUS2642LF0 Compressor Relay

LINK > FGUS2642LF0 Compressor Run Capacitor

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =