Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Garbage Disposal

I recently purchased a home with a double sink and a whirlpool garbage disposal. The disposal has not worked since I moved in. I have never used a disposal before - I may be doing something wrong. I flicked the switch on and the disposal makes a "hummmm" sound. Is there another "on" switch? I decided not to use the disposal and ignored it. Recently, the sink with the garbage disposal stopped draining. I used a plunger and the sink slowly drains. Now, my dishwasher is backing up into the sink - while my dishes have food particals on them. How do I stop this? I looked under the sink and pushed a red button, thinking I needed to reset the garbage disposal. Nope. No luck! I need help!

There is usually a hex shaped key hole in the bottom of the disposal. You put the key into it and manually turn it back and forth, freeing up the disposal.
    I suspect that the drain from the disposal to the tee is clogged up. You have to disamemble the drain to clean it out.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
    X
    =