Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice build up around freezer fan

My freezer fan was making a noise and I took the indise panel off to expose it and noticed that there was ice build up around the fan causing the fan "rub" against the ice which causing the noise. I removed the ice and 2 months later same issue again! It's turned into a regular problem, every few mon ths I need to chop out the ice around the fan. Any Ideas?

Also, not sure if this would relate to my earlier post "water dispenser just trickles"

Brian

Samsung Model# RS2630SH

Comment

Clear "ice" or white, snow-like frost? It is an important distinction.

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Clear Ice.................

Comment

Clear "ice" usually only originates from pools of water. The only places any amounts of water can come from in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator is from an icemaker or defrost water from the frost on the evaporator (cooling) coil melting during a defrost cycle. In the latter case, if the defrost water drain was plugged, the water could pool and eventually freeze.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with Samsung fridge models to be able to tell you where/how to go about checking that. The drainage system should start directly beneath the evaporator coil. I don't know if it will help any, but you can see exploded view parts diagrams of your model at the following link:

LINK > Samsung RS2630SH Exploded Parts Views

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 11-26-2011, 01:34 PM. Reason: Updated link

Comment

Thanks Dan- What's strange is the coils is below so it's not leaking on the fan, and didn't see any leaks in ice maker line.

Comment

O.K. Time to suck it up and throw this thing out. Only 3 years years old...
              Woke up this morning and freezer has major frost on the top self and fan is not running at all.......Took inside panel off there is acceptable frost on the coil. Is this going to get warmer throughtout the day and ruin the food or will it stay cool enough till this evening - but just not circulate?

Comment

Sorry, It's early. Fan IS working. Still have the same problem but the fan is working.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =