Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert cooktop from gas to propane

hello; i purchased a used gas cooktop and want to convert it to propane ....this is a STERLING cooktop....manufactured by NEW WORLD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE(they were no help)....serial-DOA299....label part-0522-11-900...tried to get a kit from manufacturer but they were no help....need a universal kit or something....maybe a step by step....please help

I done some quick checking and there is no universal orifice kit. each stove and its burner orifices are unique to THAT stove. natural gas openings are smaller than a propane jet.

Comment

Not in the USA??

Sorry but I've never heard of STERLING nor of NEW WORLD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE and I have no idea what is required on your model to convert it. Did you check the owner's manual or installation instructions?

want to convert it to propane ....need a universal kit
      As HayZee518said, there is no such thing. If the burner orifices need to be changed for LP operation, you need to get the correct ones for the specific model. If it was designed with universal (ie. natural/LP) orifices, there should be instructions for conversion in the appliance's documentation. See if you can get ahold of it.

JMO

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =