Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Ice Maker not working

I have a Frigidaire side by side...model number: FRS6LF7JS3...Serial number: 4A93415199

I have done the unplugging of the appliance and checked the water line that runs to freezer in the back of the unit. When I plug the fridge back in with the water line disconnected no water is being pumped thru the line. The line isnt frozen or plugged. My auger turns in the dispenser...but no water is making it into the tray. Any help would be highly appreciated

Clarification needed

When I plug the fridge back in with the water line disconnected no water is being pumped thru the line.
    What "water line" are you referring to???

Will the icemaker harvest (dump) ice cubes if the ice mold is manually filled with water? That should at least tell if the icemaker is capable of functioning.

BTW. Appliances do not "pump" water into them. A valve simply opens and allows the house water pressure to force water through. You can read how an appliance water fill valve operates at the following link:

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I got this issue fixed. Turned out the freezer setting was set to high and the line was freezing before it made ice.

Comment

Too cold?

the line was freezing before it made ice.
        I assume you mean the icemaker fill tube that goes through the cabinet.

Turned out the freezer setting was set to high
        Too cold of temperatures will not usually cause that although the freezer shouldn't need to be set to colder than -5°F.

The most common cause of the icemaker fill tube freezing closed is water continuing to trickle though it once a fill should have stopped. Those trickles freeze one by one until the aperture gets totally blocked off.

If it freezes closed again, more investigation will likely be necessary.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =