Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light in fridge door only glows light orange

I have a GE GSC23LSRC SS with the ice and water dispenser in the freezer door. The night light has worked fine until it burned out yesterday, and I replaced it with a 12V 6W bulb. The light slowly glows very light orange, and that's it. When turning off the light, the glow slowly diminishes. I tried the second bulb in the package and the same thing happened. How can a burned out light bulb cause something like this to happen???

the type of bulb is a 6S6 - 12 volt. check the wattage of the old bulb. larger wattage bulbs will glow dim - as you found out.

Comment

GE says to replace with a 6w bulb, and the mounting clip says 12v 6w Max. It sure looks like that's what I installed.

Comment

how do I say this without being "smart?" the 6S6 bulb comes in 12 volt, 120 volt and 240 volt. double check the package - also the voltage is printed on the top of the bulb in a black ink.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          how do I say this without being "smart?" the 6S6 bulb comes in 12 volt, 120 volt and 240 volt. double check the package - also the voltage is printed on the top of the bulb in a black ink.
          You are right...the 2-pack says S6S 12 volt. That's why I'm stumped. I put in exactly what was there before!

Comment

How can a burned out light bulb cause something like this to happen?
            Whatever caused the bulb to burn out could have damaged the electronic control that feeds the power to it. I'm not sure if that is the dispenser control board or the fridge's main electronic control. Someone might need to check the fridge's wiring diagram to see which might be suspect for your symptom.

LINK > GE GSC23LSRCSS Dispenser Control Board

LINK > GE GSC23LSRCSS Main 'Mother' Board (on back of refrigerator)

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =