Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore Free Standing Elite Ice Maker

My ice maker will not make ice or turn on. It does have power because when I turn on the cleaning cycle it will fire up. Any ideas??
    THanks so much for any help. It is only 5 years old and has had part of the compressor replaced.(it was under warrantly) and the heating grid that melts the ice replaced... THanks,
    Beth

Model number?

kenmore Free Standing Elite Ice Maker
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with to maybe suggest possible causes.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kenmore Elite 6.89483998

I have had my free standing Kenmore Elite icemaker for 4 years and it has been repaired 4 times, new pump, new compressor. Also, defect part was replaced (after it flooded my kitchen). Again it is not working. Seem to have problem, doesn't make ice at all, after I turn it to "off" because it is so full and I don't really need it running, so I'll shut off for a day. When I turn back on, it will not make ice. Called Sears and they had me unplug it, plug back in....still no ice. It is cold, but no water coming in.

Model # in Title.

Comment

Ice machine not filling

Kenmore Elite 6.89483998
        That is not a proper model number, please double check it. I found a listing for a model 106.89483998

It is cold, but no water coming in.
        For just not filling, a first step would usually be checking its water fill valve (see the following links).

LINK > Kenmore 106.89483998 Water Fill Valve

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

model #

D....you are right the # is a 106.

Sorry bout that, was trying to stick my head in the darn ice maker to see it! Helps to put glasses on.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =