Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire PLMVZ169 washing issues

The problem I am having may be related to how much water in filling the bottom of the tub. My dishes at on the top rack are dirty when the come out then before I put them in, sometimes a lot of the soap is still in the dispenser and even though my water temp reads over 120 the HO flashes on the display many times during using the normal setting.

I think my dishwasher issue is a lack water pressure or low flow issue. The reason I say that is because I have trouble using lawn water sprinklers and if I check the pressure on one hose spigot, while the other hose spigot is on I get a drop from 62 psi to to 42 psi. Does this kind of drop sound normal? What GPM does my dishwasher need or how long should the fill timer run for my model? Thanks for any help you can be.

Four factory trained techs had no luck

Weird that I got a email of a new reply Ameri20 but see no posting. But to reply to him and give more info, four factory trained techs looked at my dishwasher and did a few different "fixes" with no improvement. The dispenser door seems to open all the way only being stop horizontal by the top rack. Which in my mind is open more than enough. I just think the water is not spraying high enough or with enough force. Not sure how food particles end up on the dishes in the top rack.

Comment

Model number incorrect

Frigidaire PLMVZ169
      I'm afraid I can find no listing for such a model number. The only Frigidaire model numbers starting with PLMV... at all are microwave ovens. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag?

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

The problem I am having may be related to how much water in filling the bottom of the tub.
      How high is the water in the tub in comparison to the heating element right after the fill has stopped? It should usually be within 1-2 inches.

Has the dishwasher ever worked correctly in its current installation?

What GPM does my dishwasher need
      I don't know. The valve requires between 20-30 PSI and 120 PSI to allow the correct pressure of water to flow through the valve and into the machine.

how long should the fill timer run for my model?
      That will depend on the machine's exact model number and how it was designed. Maybe 60-90 seconds?

Weird that I got a email of a new reply Ameri20 but see no posting. But to reply to him and give more info
      Maybe the message was deleted for some reason??

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Model # is Not correct. PLD2855RFC1 is correct.

I am venting my microwave through a side wall and the model number is correct for it believe it or not. I have to use another model number that is the same series and that is why you cannot find it. My mistake trying to multitask.

I will do the water in the bottom of tub test and post.

Never worked well enough that may dishes or glasses has to be rewashed.

What requires 120 psi?

Thanks and I will be posting the water level tomorrow and posting.
        Last edited by rick52768; 10-16-2010, 07:44 PM. Reason: Incorrect model number

Comment

What requires 120 psi?
          The fill valve on the dishwasher requires between 20 PSI and 120 PSI water pressure to it (ie. house water pressure) or an incorrect amount of water may enter the machine.

Frigidaire dishwasher model] PLD2855RFC1. how long should the fill run for my model?
          I'm afraid I do not have access to that information for that model. It should be listed in the 'tech sheet' which should accompany its wiring diagram. On some models that wiring diagram will be in a small pocket, pouch or envelope behind the lower access panel. On other models it may be rolled up inside the control console.

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =