Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. After cleaning the lint out and trying some drying, it still seems to take too long to dry. It takes approx. 90 minutes to dry a load of towels. I asked a couple of other people how long theirs takes on towels (which I know take longer than normal things) and I got answers from 50 minutes to 70 minutes. What would be the next logical thing to check?

Comment

Dryer Problems

You should verify that your washing machine is getting clothes as dry as it always has been. If clothes going into the dryer are wetter, then they will need more time to dry.

After that, it would be your heating element or the controls that regulate it. But as others have said, the heating element either works or it doesn't. Or in some cases may touch the cabinet and short out (producing too much heat). Controls can be pricey so you may wish to simply live with this for a while til it is time to get another dryer - you are not using any more energy if the heating element is set lower but takes more time.
      Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
      http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Did you check the vent? A restricted vent will cause long drying times. Also, the easiest thing to fix; check first.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =