Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandpaper, steel wool, and sanding blocks

Do any of you have any great systems for organizing and storing sandpaper, sanding blocks, steel wool, and other sanding/grinding materials? I just have everything thrown in a box and I can't think of a good way to store them. Thanks!

Filing sandpaper...

Get an old office filing cabinet. Use the hanging folders for keeping the sheets sorted and the tabs for noting whatiswhich...As for the larger blocks and such, the hanging folders will spread to accomadate.....

Comment

For sandpaper sheets I have an old office type three hole punch. Punch the sheets and keep them in a 3ring binder. CAn use index diveders to separate the grits.

Comment

Great suggestions! I might end up using both of those. I can make a less bulky version for quick sanding that I store in a close-by cabinet, and a slightly more bulky version that I store all of my sanding supplies, steel wool, and blocks in. I should be able to use hanging files and a plastic hanging file storage box from a local office supply house. Thanks! You guys rock!

Comment

if you want a weekend project get some 1/4 inch ply and make a holder for the sandpaper. make it stepped like the booze bottles at your local tavern. Use plastic coffee containers for the steel wool pads and write the grit on the can. Sanding blocks You can use velcro on the handle back and stick em to a board.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =