Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Countertops - Materials?

I live in a manufactured home that came with basic laminate countertops... We want to replace them with something different and more appealing ... What I am concerned about is weight.. I like the looks of granite or other hard materials but they are installed rather thick and heavy... Corian is another choice that is appealing and much lighter in weight... What I am looking for is enlightened opinions on the materials available and the pros / cons of each before I head off to HD / Lowes / or local countertop retailer. Any thoughts / experiences or opinions would be appreciated and considered in my thought process..

One of my coworkers was saying that she is considering getting formica for her kitchen counters. We have a table and cabinet in our country house with formica, and it's pretty tough stuff. The Formica Corp. website (Formica Corporation - North America) has some really nice new designs too. The laminate products look like they are pretty widely distributed (they are in our local Home Depot and Lowe's at least). Maybe check it out--

Comment

Working...
    X
    =