Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric bill...

This month's bill was about 33% larger than the next largest for the past twelve months. That's a heck of an increase. My wife and I have been doing a lot of discussing about this and even checked the meter's numbers today to verify the average since the last reading. Well, it's larger yet! Obviously there's something leaking. Will start the forensics tomorrow....

your electric meter is a mechanical calculator between volts and amps. get hold of a clamp around ammeter to see what is drawing power on your lines and multiply this figure times voltage. P=E[volts] times I[amps] times 1000.

Comment

This could be caused by a whole host of things which I'm sure you're aware of. The first thing I would do, just like when you've lost something, is trace your steps. Have there been any changes in your household since your last billing cycle? Any new installations or new items that may require a lot more electricity to run which you may not have known?
      A fool-proof furnace repair manual...

Comment

Electric bill...

We were discussing this at length and my wife and I figured it was due to the extreme temps. We did have two window a/c units going along with two pedestal fans. We also had visitors from Texas at that time. We figured it was a combination of it all. We did monitor the usage from what was on the bill at that date on up to the present and figured our daily use and it was MUCH less than for that period. So...all is well.
        And thank you very much for the help and suggestions.....

Comment

Working...
        X
        =