Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump problems

I turned off my circuit breaker for the water pump and turned it back on and now my water pump will not start

Please send E-mail again. I erased it by mistake. Thanks

Comment

Bleed off enough water in the system until you hear the pressure switch close then flip on the breaker again. If that don't work try replacing the capacitor which is in the start winding of the pump.

Comment

If it worked before the breaker was turned off but not after the breaker was turned back on I would make sure there is power to the pump first.

Sometimes you have to flip a breaker off and on vigorously (like you are mad at it) .

Comment

I got it fixed. Thanks

Comment

What fixed it?

Comment

I pushed the contacts on the pump together to engage the pump to around 50 lbs/in,I let go of the contacts then it worked on its own.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Good that it was one of those cheap and easy fixes!

Comment

We are having a problem with our well water. This has only started in the past month and is becoming more frequent. Sometimes when you turn on the taps there is no water. When you shut the tap off and wait a few minutes there is water. It's almost like there is an air lock. Any suggestions.

Comment

Rob Moss,
                    I would suspect that their is not enough air in the pressure tank. When you first turn the faucett on it drops the pressure quickly, which then starts the pump and you are then getting pressure directly from the pump.

Comment

There are some pressure tank switches that will "trip" and disengage whenever a demand is put on the pump and the power is knocked out (storm?)

One type of 'trip lever' switch is a Square D type sfg 2 ,9013

Without this type of 'trip lever' switch, when the power is interrupted when the pump is running (water demand) the contact points will have to be manually re-set.

This was the scenario for Lucasm's previously posted question.

The points had to be manually re-set because 'Lucasm's' switch was not equipt with a trip lever.
                      Re-setting by holding the contact points (220 Volts?) down can be a very dangerous task, especially for some (not all) diyers.

Comment

To Rob Moss;
                        Shut off pump power. Drain the tank, check air pressure in tank. It should be 2 psi below the pump's cut-in setting.

Another cause could be some 'debris/crud' has accumulated around the 1/4" or 3/8" nipple/tube that enters into the switch.
                        Remove the switch, clean or replace this nipple or tube .
                        Turn power back on, re-fill tank.
                        check for operation/leaks, etc.
                        Good luck....Hube

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =