Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical outdoor timers

We recently replaced a boken light on the lampost in the front yard.
    We have now discovered that the light has a timer which needs to be
    reset. whecked the circut breaker, could not locate a timer. Where would the timer be? How do we reset the lamp post to light in the evening instead of during the afternoon?

Please help[:0]

Bonnie

There may have been a photocell adapter that screws between the bulb and base. There may also have been a photocell that uses three wires and wires directly into the fixture. Most timers do not mount outside but inside near the panelbox and controls the light circuit.

Comment

This will illustrate the screw in photocell

Comment

Check the closest outside wall to the lamppost. Do you have bushes or flowers along the front/sides of the house or any type of a fence that could be hiding it from your view? I don't think there is a photocell if they turn on during daylight hours. If it's not o/s, check the inside garage walls closest to the lamppost (also check inside cabinets if they have been installed--yes they will bury it). If not close to garage, look inside closets/pantry or laundry room ie.. that are close to the lamppost. Also look around (under) the main service panel, landscapers usually put the irrigation/timers in that area. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks to Jackofall, I have found the timer and the lights will be on when it's dark!

Bonnie

Comment

bonstance59's problem illustrates the sort of problem "doityourself" guys always seem to encounter. Over time I have forgotten how I've set up my own installations and had to spend time retracing my steps in order to troubleshoot. Hence, I have learned to compile and update a household "Service Manual" in which I document every installation with diagrams, locations and any critical data.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =