Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTION DETECTOR LIGHT

I have just had a motion detector light installed in the place of my back porch light... It activates the first time someone enters the area but never shuts off until you turn it off with the light switch. The light was installed by a professional electrician however I purchases and provided the fixture for thjem. Before I remove the fixture and take it back to HD I want to make sure there is nothing that I am overlooking. All comments would be appreciated.

Look on the fixture for a test switch. This should be OFF. Then go looking for a sensitivity adjustment. This determines the field it will activate upon. I wonder how the electrician wired it. The red wire is the load wire. If memory is correct, the fixture is supposed to be supplied with power all of the time with the RED switched if this was your option. Could be he wired the hot on the switch and just connected the lamps on the red. [ with no switch in between ]
    The way it's connected internally is the photocell detects the presence of or absence of light. In the absence of light, it switches on the infrared detection circuit for motion. With motion ever present in the field, the light will stay on. No motion it will shut off after the internal timer is satisfied. In daylight the photocell is shut off.
    This is my reasoning for saying that the thing should have a constant source of 120 volts.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =