Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch diagram

You guys are really good about diagrams in most all of your subjects but how about a diagram for a.... Power through 3way switch going to a fan/light that has another regular switch next to it that just powers the fan & the 3way just powers the light & then by the other door a 3way switch that works the light from the other side of the room. I know you know how to do it but it took me 3 hours to figure it out. The power was only 2 wire with ground. I think that was one of the things that made it hard for me besides my lack of knowledge about tricky switches. I had to figure a way to power the fan switch & the 3way switches for the light side of the fan. The fan was wired from a junction box. That kind of made it a little easier. Oh well it is done & no kicked breakers & no calls made to the fire department. You guys have a very good website it has helped me countless times.

Thank you,
    Fred

fred if you would have emailed me a message I would have drummed up a diagran "just for you!" hayzee

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518
      fred if you would have emailed me a message I would have drummed up a diagran "just for you!" hayzee
      So much for a "Public Forum".
      Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

Power to switch & 3 Way to Fan/Light to 3 Way

Thanks HayZee518. If it wouldn't be to much trouble, I'd like to see a diagram of how the wiring is done. I'd like to see how the heck I got it to work. If I had to do that same thing again I know I'd be depending on Luck more than knowledge & that is kinda scary.

Thank you,
        Fred

Comment

fan/light wiring

Fred,
          here's the wiring diagram. The copper wire next to the green screw is the continuous ground through the three wire to each switch ground screw. If you are using metal boxes there should be a jumper grounding everything together. The light blue colored wire is a neutral as I can't draw a white wire.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the diagram. I really appreciate your help,

Thank you,
            Fred

Comment

Working...
            X
            =