Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hologen Motion Light - bad install?

I have a single Halogen Motion Light installed in the very front part of my carport. It was supposed to operate only at night, but it comes on off every time we enter this part of the carport. I have tried to adjust the time / sensitivity settings but nothing works.. It just comes on / off as we pass thru the carport. Last week I installed another motion light in the front of the carport and it works as it should..(not during the day).. Today I went back to the local Lighting Store to get a replacement for the older one that keeps coming on / off when motion is detected no matter what time of day it is, and the salesman said that nothing is wrong with the older light except that it is mounted in a darker location where it never receives bright daylight, therefore the on / off cycle is always activated. Any comments on his assessment... He also said that if this is the case, the only way to correct this problem is to install a light (photo cell) activated on/off switch in line with the power wires for the security light in a location where it receiveds direct sunlight. Any comments would be appreciated.

I thought the halogen comes with its own photo eye. how else are you to differentiate between night and day? from what you said a bad photocell would have been my first choice, other than that the fixture is still in the setup mode. I've never seen a yard light with a 24 hr timer and trippers.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =