Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlet or Passthrough???

I am installing a hot water recirculation pump on my hot water heater. The unit has a plug in cord on it that requires a standard 115v outlet for power. There is the problem!! There is no power outlet inside the hot water heater closet.. Only 220 to the hot water heater. There is one wall outlet about 3 feet away from the water heater space (for washing machine) or one under the house (crawl apace) for pipe strip heater if installed.. it is not.. If I were to add an outlet in the space, I would have to go down thru the floor and over to the outlet box using (romex) to get power.. NOW THE QUESTION... Is there any legal / safe way to install some sort of pass thru in the wall so I could just run the pump wire / plug from the water heater space to the existing wall outlet that is about 3 feet away for the washing machine??? Any other ideas??

if there is no requirement for a "fire safety wall" fire rated wall - I don't see a problem. you could use a piece of pvc as a sleeve or race to run the cord through.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =