Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tissue trouble

I am just starting to faux finish and i am having a horrible time tring to replicate this beautiful tissue technique I saw at an open house. More specifically, I'm having problem especially with my corners. How do I achieve a seemless tissue wall?

I was told and found it to be helpful to use a very stiff clean paint brush to push the tissue in the corners. If you have tears just use another small piece to cover it over.

This is a picture of the dining room I did.

img]http://www.homerepairforum.com/images/uploads/2005-6-1_100_0206_w550.JPG[/img] Hope this helps.

cap

Comment

Hello there!

You have probably already tackled this project by now, but just in case...

The trick to getting a seamless finish when using tisse paper is to tear all four of the edges of your square of paper. Don't allow the pieces to tear in a wave pattern -the edges need to be fairly straight. Be sure to overlap each piece onto the next by at least an inch, maybe a little more, so you don't end up with a "bump" where the two peices meet! Oh, and don't put it on the wall with wallpaper paste - use paint.

Amanda
      Welcome to Artistic Illusions, where imagination is given life through the innovative skills of artist and owner Larry Anderson.
      Amanda
      www.artisticillusions.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      =