Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size of tlle to use in entry way

I have a small entry way that i want to replace the purple floor tiles. Approx 6 foot by 6 foot ( there are currently about 85 8x8 tiles including the closet) Is there a general rule of thumb for SIZE of tile to use??? Small area..small tile or small area...large tile?????? I''ve never tiled but this small area is where im going to give it a try. any other advice is appreciated.Click image for larger version

Name:	entry.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	87887

Hey!

Choosing the right tile size for your small entryway can really make a difference in how the space feels. Here’s a quick rundown to help you decide:

For a small area, like your 6x6 entryway, both small and large tiles can work, but they give different vibes. Smaller tiles (like 8x8) can make the space feel cozy and detailed, while larger tiles (like 12x12) can make it feel more open and modern. Large tiles usually have fewer grout lines, which can make the space feel less cluttered.

Here are a few tips:
    - **Test Out Samples**: Grab some tile samples and lay them out in your space. It’ll help you see how they look and feel before you commit.
    - **Consider Layout**: A simple grid pattern is usually great for small spaces, but a diagonal layout can add a bit of interest if you’re up for it.
    - **Grout Choice**: Light grout can help the space feel bigger, while dark grout can add some sharp contrast and definition.

Since this is your first tiling project, take your time and don’t rush. Make sure the surface is clean and level, and don’t worry if you need to practice cutting tiles. With a bit of patience, you’ll have a fantastic new floor in no time!

Good luck with your tiling adventure, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!​

Comment

Working...
    X