Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no longer informative

will not be posting anymore

Level-lastic is a portland cement based product that is mixed with a supplied latex curing agent. It can be feathered to a very thin area and still stay resilient.

Comment

I wonder what the weight contribution might be. Although certainly not much per square foot, if it needs to be too thick in the areas that are already sagging, might that be a contributor instead? How thick would it have to be to level things out? I have the same situation in my house. The floor in the second story addition is rolling and I plan to pull those panels up to see what the issues are. I do have an ulterior motive: I'm not trusting of what's been done here since that addition was built. A lot of questionable 'things' need to be addressed. I need the assurance that the floor joists are in good order.

Comment

Levalastic would also be my first choice, however, pay particular heed of the instructions in your engineers report, where he said several applications (lifts). To the best of my knowledge all of the leveling compounds are limited to about 1/8 inch per layer.

I think i would begin by removing and replacing the worst case areas of the subfloor before using the leveling compounds.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LazyPup

Levalastic would also be my first choice, however, pay particular heed of the instructions in your engineers report, where he said several applications (lifts). To the best of my knowledge all of the leveling compounds are limited to about 1/8 inch per layer.

I think i would begin by removing and replacing the worst case areas of the subfloor before using the leveling compounds.
          I have some questions about levelastic. First of all, who manufactures it? Can I get it at The Home Depot or Lowes, or will I have to purchase it at a lumber yard or some type of specialty store?

Our application is for a new plywood sub-floor that has a dip in it. We would like to use levelastic to fill this dip before installing our new pre-finished hardwood flooring. Would this work? If not, what product do you recommend we use? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =