X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy
    replied
    LazyPup,

I noticed that the guys that helped me finish the demo did exactly that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I posted some more pictures of our progress at this topic:

Try

Leave a comment:

• LazyPup
    replied
    Troy..heres a small tip,,,Take an old bath towel or large wad of rags and stuff in the top of the toilet waste pipe to cover it while working. That will prevent any debris from getting into the line which would cause problems later.

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the hammer.

Leave a comment:

• mrcaptainbob
    replied
    It appears that you rid yourself af a lot of frustrations! That's a lot of deconstruction!!

Leave a comment:

• Troy
    replied
    Before:

After most of the demolition:

That's probably all we'll do, the workers said they would get the rest. We'll post more pictures as they progress.

Try

Leave a comment:

• LazyPup
    replied
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..if a married guy is out in the woods and makes a statement is he still wrong?

NO,,if he is out in the woods talking to himself,,he aint wrong,,just crazy....heheheheh

Leave a comment:

• LazyPup
    replied
    One thing that longevity has taught me,,,,,You can always tell a married woman..........you just can't tell her much......heheheheh.

Leave a comment:

• mrcaptainbob
    replied
    If a married guy is out in the woods all by himself and makes a statement, is he still wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Troy
    replied
    Yes married life is never dull. Right now she is out with her friends and I have a crow bar in my hand. Still not sure how she outsmarts me like this but at least I am the foreman tonight!

Try

Leave a comment:

• HayZee518
    replied
    Troy welcome to married life. Whatever is yours IS HERS, whatever is hers IS HERS. Most of the time when your right YOUR WRONG. Making achoice on wall finish? Go with HER idea - your choice of colors will NEVER go along with her choice.

Leave a comment:

• LazyPup
    replied
    Troy...look on the bright side,,,,,,,,its a poor job that cant afford a boss.....heheheheh

Leave a comment:

• Troy
    replied
    We used a sledgehammer (LazyPup, I did most of the swinging thanks to you ) to crack a seam down the wall between the wood beams. Then we pried the tile with the mortar from the beam. It was hard work (and we aren't finished ) but it went pretty well.

"I was just telling the forum administrator that he should create a ...." She was telling me a lot of things I should do, not just that...

Try

Leave a comment:

• Patricia
    replied
    That is a good point, Mr. Captain Bob. I was just telling the forum administrator that he should create a tile forum because it is ambiguous where such posts go.

Patricia

Leave a comment:

• mrcaptainbob
    replied
    Lazy and HayZee...This whole subject is way off line and I think something should be done about it! What's with this posting of questions about WALL tile on the Flooring Forum? Is this allowed?

Leave a comment:

• HayZee518
    replied
    The adhesive used is quickset - a mortar based material. There is no easy way of removing it. Take a sledgehammer and knock it off the studs! Remove what is left of the waterproof sheetrock and replace the "rock" with new stuff.
    Prime the surface with a cheap latex primer paint and go about what you want for a finish.

Leave a comment:

• LazyPup
    replied
    patricia,,since Troy is your hubby i have a much simpler solution to your question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hand troy the hammer..........ehehehheh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
=