Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion on hardwood floor in the kitchen

I have asked my friends and no one seems to approve of my thought on restoring the hardwood floors in the kitchen. They are currently resting underneath 1 layer of carpet, 1 layer of lineolum, 1 layer of tile, stuck on with my old friend "black mastic". I was considering tearing everything out and replacing with salvaged hardwood floors from a 100 year old house. I am getting a super deal on the hardwood. Everyone so far as voted for ceramic tile. My kitchen is open to the dining room and hallway, I am afraid if I go for the tile (a bigger expense) my kitchen will look like a dance floor.

What are your opinions and the pros and cons of having hardwood floors in the kitchen.

I do not have children or spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so spills will not be a big concern for me.

Thanks

Last I heard it is still a "free" country.
    Do what ever turns YOU on.

Comment

Do the wood!~... but since I am I might be a bit biased. I am going so far as putting down a wood floor and then painting it!!!.. three times... three differnt colors.. pulled back in some areas to the sub colors. So I say.. go for it. Any good protective coating it going to save you from spills. Enjoy life.. live for now.. do wood.. let you heart sing

Maddimom

Comment

We have hardwood floors in our kitchen and love it ...

Try
        Try

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Maddiemom

Do the wood!~... but since I am I might be a bit biased. I am going so far as putting down a wood floor and then painting it!!!.. three times... three differnt colors.. pulled back in some areas to the sub colors. So I say.. go for it. Any good protective coating it going to save you from spills. Enjoy life.. live for now.. do wood.. let you heart sing

Maddimom
          Maddi, could you post a pic when you're done? I'd like to see this, it sounds like something I would like, but never have the courage to do myself!!

BC

Comment

We are redoing our kitchen from top to bottom and what we have decided for the floors is click floors that look like ceramic tile but warmer and less expensive and so easy to install.Also we have two big dogs so hardwood is not an opion,but hardwood is really warm and beautiful if maintained properly.

Comment

Is this click floor you'll be using similar to laminate flooring but with a tile design in it? I've been considering laminate myself, dogs can't scratch the stuff. There are differnt types of laminates though, I'd use a glued type in a kitchen to protect the underside from water entry, any water underneath can buckle it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =