Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwood Floor Restoration Help

I just bought a house and in the living room and dining room there are hardwood floors (under 3 layers of other flooring). There is a hardwood floor under some 1970s tile, under some 1990s tile, and under 2000 carpet. I tore off a 3' x 1' section to see what condition the hardwood floor is in. It's in great condition, but I have one problem. The 1970s tile comes off fairly easy, but it leaves some glue behind. It has been exposed for over 2 days so far and the glue hasn't dried too much. Basically, I'm wondering how to get the glue dried and off. The overall area is a size of 30' x 15'.

If the glue hasn't dried in 30 something years....guess what ?....it's not going to now.

The glue they used back then had a high gum factor in it's making this gave it great adhesion to almost anything and it remained very flexible.
    There are a number of commercial glue clean up products available some as simple as apply, leave and wipe off (NOTE: it never works as easy as the label says).
    These are pretty well available at any big box hardware store, make sure you follow the instructions, especially in the "leave on the floor time limits".
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =