Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer needs help

I have just bought a home that had a woodstove in the kitchen. The previous owners had the flooring cut for the hearth. It has been cut aprox. 3/8 in. deep(more in some spots, less in others) I would like to reapir this. I haven't a clue where to start. I know that I need to fill in the space so it is level with the rest of the floor so i can replace the tile. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

If your looking to just "fill" the hole and then tile over the top then probably your best option would be floor leveler available from any big box store in the tile department.
    Mix it up as per the bags instructions, pour it in, it's relatively easy and fool proof if you follow the instructions.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks

I am thinking I should just "fill in" hole. Is there a reason that I should go another route? Like I said before, this is my very first do it yourself job.. By the way, the location of the hole is in a fairly low traffic area(approx 45" x 45") Thanks again in advance for any help.

Comment

Floor leveler

Most likely any other way would be more work.As Pushknis says, just pour in the leveler and it'll smooth itself out to the floor. Can't be much easier than that...

Comment

Working...
        X
        =