Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw Porcelain Floor Tile

I am about to order porcelain tile for a patio room and have picked out the style and color I want. It happens to be made by Shaw and is only $2.20 a square foot. It looks to be a good quality tile, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about tile from Shaw? It seems too reasonably priced for how it looks and makes me wonder how good the quality is.

Thanks!!

Price to install this tile.

I forgot to ask if you all knew what I should expect in the way of installation charges. The room presently has carpet and a pad under it. In other words, what is the normal price per sq. foot to install porcelain tile. The room is basically rectangular 14 foot by 18 foot.

Thanks!!

Comment

You will need backerboard installed if it is over anything other than a concrete floor, the standard going price to install backerboard and lay tile is going to be around the $6.00 - $7.00 / square foot. Add on to that the cost of backerboard @ $9.00 / sheet (5'x3') + screws ($12.00/box)
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The ceramic will be installed over concrete. The contractor I really want to install it is wanting $2114 labor to install, $140 for materials and will tear out my existing carpet and pad for $95. The room is 14 ft by 18 ft. basically rectangular with a set of stairs going into the house from the patio. I just didn't know if this was a fair price or not. But, anyway, thanks for your help.

Comment

Does anyone out there know anything about Shaw porcelain tile? Is it good, quality tile?

Comment

Shaw is decent but you could find better ones out there. As I said it is decent though and good enough at that price.
            ceramic tiling tips

Comment

Working...
            X
            =