Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanding sealer or not? Refinishing oak floor. Also: Fabulon opinions?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things have been going okay. I've decided four coats in the dining and living rooms was enough (*whew*) and after a good long time to dry have given it the acid test. Not acid, the massive sofa-bed. I shoved it on its felt pads across the newly surfaced floor and into place. After wiping up faint dust trails where the feet had moved along, I saw just a few tiny, shallow scratches using a very bright glancing light. Feels soft to the touch but it's pretty durable already. I suspect it'll improve as it ages and the last traces of solvent work their way to the surface and out.

Now I've started on the hallway and den. Smaller area, quicker work, but now I can't get to the bathroom or my modest li'l workshop. Still, the end of a LONG project is in sight and I'm pretty darned glad of it too. =@.o=

Comment

Thanks for the discussion!

I am currently finishing new stair treads for our house and was wondering about the best ways to finish them. After reading through your on-going discussion, I now have the answers I was seeking. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =