Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Flooring / Bathtub joint

Several years ago a flooring contractor installed a new vinyl floor in our bathroom. The caulking material that was used to seal the joint between the flooring material and bathtub is starting to crack and needs replacement. I have 2 questions.. (1) what material do I use..White Silicone? and (2) what is the easiest way to removed the existing caulk/sealing material from the vinyl flooring.. I have no trouble scrapping the tub but what about the softer vinyl flooring?

regular white bathtub caulking dries hard when it cures, silicone remains flexible when it cures but it shrinks after a while. it may get cloudy too. silicone may just pull off like a rubber band. scraping it with a dull object will help. acetone will dissolve hard silicone but I don't know what it will to to the lino. same with the bathtub caulk. I imagine you can chip it off with a screwdriver tip.

Comment

I installed a lamanent floor in my bathroom and leaving the required 1/4 gap was needed in front of tub I handled this by getting 3/4 inch quarter round foam not wood from Home Depot and used finish nails to nail into floor though the 1/4 gap....looks good and will never open up again.
      Gerry

Comment

Working...
      X
      =