Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate Flooring - Dulling

Several years ago we had a mannington Honey Oak Laminate Floor installed in several rooms... The area around the desk in our office where the chair rolls over it is becoming very dull and flat looking when compared to the rest of the floor... Mannington has been of little or no help on offering suggestions on what to do, and the company that installed it is out of business. Is there any way to restore the luster to this area short of trying to find matching replacement flooring and installing it.. It is a shame the way some companies will not stand behind their products one they have made you a sale...

There is no floor made (other than concrete) that can take the day after day use of a chair, especially one that rolls over the area.

Laminates are basically a extremely high quality photo laminated to engineered wood, hence the exact replication on every piece of laminate.

You could try a product called Floor Rejuvenater (by Bruce) available at all big box hardware stores. It may help bring back some of the luster and won't harm the floor in the application if used lightly.

Your best bet is to put down a nice rug under the chair, let the rug take the wear and tear.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I realize what you are speaking of. I have an office desk chair on rollers here at my house. They have the hard composition rollers and through the course of a year -or better- has worn through 1/4 inch masonite and is now working on the maple floor boards. What I might do is go get a 1/4 inch aluminum diamond plate and use that. Office supply places have a clear acryllic sheet that you can use under your chair. Soft replacement rubber casters are expensive!

Comment

You can replace the plank in this room.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =