Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanup after tile job is done

I just finished my first tile job, and after the grout was dry (next day) I notice a shiny glaze on the tile, and grout ( did not notice this glaze when it was wet). It's not all over the tile or grout just bit's a pieces, and you can't even see this shiny glaze until you look at it just right.
    I purchased Opticolor stain-free grout from one of the big box stores. I followed the instructions that came with the product, but i guess i didn't quite do good enough job.
    This Opticolor stuff is made of three parts a resin, liquid hardner, and a color sand stuff.
    Any clues on how to get rid of the shiny glaze. I was thinking about trying to scape this stuff off with a metal putty knife in the corner of the closet but I'm afraid that might ruin the tile.

You can buy "Haze Remover" from the big box stores.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thx for the reply
      I tried that already any other idea's?

Comment

use burlap bag cloth to remove the glaze.

Comment

I agree with HayZee, i think it really work.

Comment

Grout haze

you need a powerful grout remove product with sulfamic acid. make sure and read directions before using...

muriatic acid works and make your dilute with water....don't get into your eyes..this stuff kills cement...it actually eats it up and "sizzles"

ceramictilepro

Comment

Working...
            X
            =