Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condo Soundproof Question

Hi everyone,

I own a first floor condo and recently, the owner of the unit above me decided to install wood floors as he was having new tenants move in. The building is flexicore, so I was not too worried at first. However, I can now hear every footstep, conversation, cough, laugh, etc. I asked to owner to maybe spring for some throw rugs, but he won't cause it is not in their lease. I asked our Association President if 2nd floor units can have wood floors and he says they can. (I'm still looking into that although.) Anyway, I also offered the owner that I would split the cost to have carpet installed, but he has not gotten back to me. To be honest, it is slowly driving me crazy. The tenants are not doing anything wrong, they are not loud or anything. I was planning on trying to sell my condo next year and this is a huge problem for when I am showing it to possible buyers.

Does anyone have any input on things that could help this? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

They manufacture soundproofing boards for different sound grades and noises.You also can install an extra finish shuch as a thicker sheekrock for the ceiling.

Comment

You should check your CC&R's because many multi level condos have rules for these sorts of things. Specifically, my condo is a 3 story and you can not have hard wood floors or stone tile if you have people living below you. So basically only people on the ground floor can have hard wood or in my case, our unit is above a garage so we are ok.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =