Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinyl Floor - Fiberglass Tub joint / seam???

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Floor - Fiberglass Tub joint / seam???

The caulking or sealant that caulks the seam between the fiberglass tub side / vinyl floor is cracking and needs replacement. One hardware store says to use a white pure silicone sealant while another store says to use something else that isn't as glossy as the silicone (forgot product name). What should I use to recaulk this seam/joint??

I like silicone

When working with silicone, you must work quickly, but it lasts much longer, handles temperature change better and resists mildew better than latex or other caulks.

Comment

Use 100% silicone.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Hello DD716TED! I agree with Patriotic and pushkins, silicone is the way to go. There are some silicone caulks that are permanently waterproof and flexible available at your local home improvement store. Silicone will not shrink, crack, or crumble over time and adheres to a wide variety of surfaces. Some now contain mold and mildew protection - great for use in the bathroom where you will be using the product.

Be sure to check the area where cracking is currently occurring for mold, mildew, and other debris. Take care of that first, then clean and prep the area, finally use the silicone. Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =