Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York furnace locked out on pressure switch

I am trying to repair a York furnace and the error code flashes indicate that the pressure switch is locked closed. I replaced the pressure switch and now the error code displays that the switch is locked open. I have checked continuity through the switch and it is performing normally. Sometimes it will allow the burner to ignite and the process continues correctly until the blower motor ramps up to a higher speed then a relay clicks and the whole thing shuts off and flashes a red LED twice slowly. What do I try next?

Originally posted by devinreuss View Post
    I am trying to repair a York furnace and the error code flashes indicate that the pressure switch is locked closed. I replaced the pressure switch and now the error code displays that the switch is locked open. I have checked continuity through the switch and it is performing normally. Sometimes it will allow the burner to ignite and the process continues correctly until the blower motor ramps up to a higher speed then a relay clicks and the whole thing shuts off and flashes a red LED twice slowly. What do I try next?
    what is a twice slowly flash say in you chart. Are you talking about the inducer
    blower motor ramping up? paul

Comment

The two flashes of the red LED indicate that the pressure switch is locked in the closed position. The inducer motor runs as soon as I make the call for heat and continues to run until the burner lights. Sometimes it will not light the burner and just go into the error mode. I've replaced the pressure switch with other switches and have jumpered out the switch entirely but have only managed to get the error code. Sometimes the error code will be three slow flashes that indicates the pressure switch is locked in the open position. I have no idea what to try next! Thanks for your response Paul, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by devinreuss View Post
        The two flashes of the red LED indicate that the pressure switch is locked in the closed position. The inducer motor runs as soon as I make the call for heat and continues to run until the burner lights. Sometimes it will not light the burner and just go into the error mode. I've replaced the pressure switch with other switches and have jumpered out the switch entirely but have only managed to get the error code. Sometimes the error code will be three slow flashes that indicates the pressure switch is locked in the open position. I have no idea what to try next! Thanks for your response Paul, any ideas?
        You need to go through this unit. Check and clean stacks, check and clean all drains and drain hoses and tapping the hoses go into. Make sure inducer fan it bolted up tight. Are you sure you put the right pressure switch on when you replaced it. Are your stacks sized right of the amount of ell and length. Did you use wide sweep ell on the stack. Show me some pic. both inside and outside of the stacking. Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =