Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier 38eb030310 trouble

My exhaust fan on my carrier AC unit will come on and run for about 1-2 minutes and then it will just stop leaving the compressor continuing to run. Model #38EB030310, not sure of the age. I have replaced 2 different capacitors to no avail. The fan does not lock up or anything just quits running, but will spin free with a gentle push from a stick. The fan says it has a thermal overload but I dont' know where to find it if this is the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by mjohnson View Post
    My exhaust fan on my carrier AC unit will come on and run for about 1-2 minutes and then it will just stop leaving the compressor continuing to run. Model #38EB030310, not sure of the age. I have replaced 2 different capacitors to no avail. The fan does not lock up or anything just quits running, but will spin free with a gentle push from a stick. The fan says it has a thermal overload but I dont' know where to find it if this is the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Hi Paul here. the thermal overload is built into the windings so you can't see it.
    You will have to test the wires going to the fan and see if you have 220 volts when it stops, if you do then it could be the thermal overload. If it is then all you can do is change the motor. Your unit does not have a cold run kit on it?
    That could cycle the fan off and on in cooler weather. Paul

Comment

Fan motor in Carrier Condensing unit

Hi, I am under the inpression that it is the same thing that the previous replier said. I would also like to add that you should take a amp draw on the motor. Perform this during startup and running. Another thing you can check is if the motor will turn on right away after the unit is shut down and started again. If it does it is not thermal overlad.

Hope this helps,
      Chicago Heating And Air Conditioning Repair Service
      Last edited by brettyg; 06-12-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =