Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid vs traditional AC

We had a manual J performed last week as well as an energy audit. The contractor recommended a Carrier 16 dual-stage condenser, model 25HPA636 that will work with a new Carrier 60,000 BTU infinity furnace, model 58mvc060F114.

My question is whether the additional cost of installing a hybrid will be worth it in the long term? We live in Southern, New Jersey.

Payback will be much quicker on a heat pump system than a standard a/c
    It is what it is.......

Comment

hybrid

Thanks for that info. After talking with the HVAC contractor, he also gave me the same advice.

Comment

kiropod,

Just curious what system you ended up with and who the contractor was. We live in SJ, have a Carrier Infinity furnace and are looking to replace our A/C. Thanks

Comment

Hybrid vs traditonal ac

Hi Carjeff.

After much research and quotes from numerous HVAC companies, including 2 Carrier quotes, I ended up with a Lennox 97% modulating furnace with variable speed motor, a Lennox 17 SEER heat pump, programmable thermostats, lennox humidifier and Merv 16 air filter. The carrier system (even though it is not fully modulating) was more expensive. The install took place 2 weeks ago and went well. We used Fante's HVAC in Willingboro, NJ and they did a great job. Passed inspection and we are good to go. If you need any more info, such as the actual model numbers, please feel free to contact me.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X
          =