Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Affinit 9.c

I have been told this is a two stage furnace...good. What thermostat can be used with it. Installer put a digital programmable unit on the wall. Very nice, but explaining to mom ( 90 years old ) that to change from heat to cool requires you to hit the heat button,,,heat flashing, hit the button again...off flashing, hit the button again ...cool flashing....hit done. doesn't get it...Sales person say you can't use a simple themostat..i.e heat-off-cool, fan on/auto and set the temp with a slider. What gives

yes you can use a standard stat. You need to ask for (if you dont already have it) the installers manual. There are plenty of stats out there that will work with the system that are easier to use.
    Last edited by hvactech126; 05-27-2011, 06:50 AM.
    It is what it is.......

Comment

Originally posted by hvactech126 View Post
      yes you can use a standard stat. You need to ask for (if you dont already have ie) the installers manual. There are plenty of stats out there that will work with the system that are easier to use.
      thank you for the response....sales person said that that the thermostat was required...well...did I say sales...

Comment

Working...
      X
      =