Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Recovery / recharge unit

Hi been awhile since I last posted.

Doing some work on the Car A/C unit. I have a vacuum pump and am considering buying a recovery unit so the next time I have to do work I won't have to have it recovered elsewhere. I'm also considering one because eventually the house will need a new a/c unit as it is r12. My main question is about the various types of reovery machines out there.

I recocgnize that you need different tanks for different gases. I also know I would have to pass a EPA test to buy gas in bulk Those things reallyt aren't an issue for me .What I Do need to know is whether most recovery units also recharge? or is this a seperate function that must also be stated on the machine.

Potable recovery units are going for the 2 to 3 hundred range in the pawn shops down here and it might be a worth while investment. For instance with what I'm doing on the car this week I will save the cost of a used recovery maching just in labor.

getting an EPA certification isn't as easy as it sounds. you have to have documentation that you worked for someone with a tech license or higher. A recovery system has the potential for recharging a system. only thing it doesn't have is a vacuum pump for pumping down the system. a freon charging cylinder would be necessary for recharging the system and a good digital scale.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =