Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problem with bryant furnace

first off i don't know a whole lot about heating and air and this is alittle hard to explain so please bear with me my furnace work's and everything but when i kick it on the flame's are on top of the burner's but on to of the burner's the flame will wrap all the way around the burner's starting at the back and slowly work there way to the front then the flame on these two come up over this plate where they start to burn wire's and stuff nothing has been burnt yet as i caught this in time but if i let it go i will have big problem's i pulled the burn's out and cleaned them thinking this would solve the problem but it did not i'm tring to avoid calling a repair man as they are very pricey so this is my last resort before i do so any help would be great thank you

wires?

what do you mean burns wires? there should be no wires in the combustion chamber except the flamerod and the igniter assembly. this, I assume is a gas furnace. exiting your gas valve there should be a small orifice or jet and a movable shroud that you adjust for air flow to the burners. as the gas valve opens the mixed gas/air travels along the burner tube to the end and should burn with a blue and blue/turquoise flame with little white tips. a large yellow tip means too much gas and little air.

Comment

i mean the flame come's outside of the combustion chamber the flame completely surround's the burner from back to front then come's out side the chamber i can try and post a pic

Comment

IMG_20121028_140652.jpg (131.5 KB) IMG_20121028_140948.jpg (131.7 KB)IMG_20121028_141002.jpg (128.9 KB)
        Attached Files

Comment

You either have a plugged up or cracked heat exchanger. You need to shut furnace down and call a service company to look at it right away!!

Comment

it's been shut down i only started it up to take the pic's i figured i would have to call repair man was just hoping it might be something simple i could have fixed on my own but then again that's how my luck is LOL but thank's for help i'll give them a call today

Comment

heres you answer

blocked burners! pull out the burners and clean them

Comment

Working...
              X
              =